“Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” — Viktor Frankl
Steps to mental trauma recovery.
1. Share Trama and Secrets with a licensed professional trained in trauma recovery
2. Identify triggers and cognitive distortions resulting from the trauma.
3. Recognize destructive responses and behaviors related to the cognitive distortions.
4. Choose mindful, healthy, realistic cognitive and behavioral responses to traumatic triggers and distortions.
5. Choose to surround oneself with healthy, rational, realistic, objective, and mature people and projects.
Healing is always possible!