Pull Back the Curtain and Protect


Thanks again for you good birthday wishes.  I made it to 60.

According to the attached CDC ACES study, odds were against my making this milestone. 

Positive human interactions, like feeling supported by friends; enjoying and participating in community traditions; feeling a sense of belonging in high school; having at least two non-parent adults take genuine interests in a child can save a life. I'm proof. 

Despite my big and positive childhood  presence, I experienced significant trauma and was riddled with mental and emotional anguish I was taught to conceal. 

Please continue to watch out for the most vulnerable, and to unveil abuse, even where people and organizations appear strong and in no need of support.  Sometimes, they need it the most.  Thank you. 

Peace,

https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/aces/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Who's Your Pick?

Was it a Sign?!