Free Speech > Retaliation


Below please find segment IV, dated 8-2-24, explaining the truth about why Toray Plastics America (TPA) sued me in December 2018 when they claimed a common reader could identify TPA in my book, Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies, released September of 2018. 

51 months later, TPA dismissed the case, with prejudice, and paid my legal fees, acknowledging the case was frivolous.  I  am now allowed to exercise my constitutional and civil rights to free speech.

TPA terminated me in September 2017 in retaliation for sharing my TPA shooting threat investigation with a Japanese Toray Expat who requested it.  

The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act) of 1970, Section 11(c), prohibits employers from retaliating against employees for exercising their rights under the act, such as filing a complaint with OSHA or raising a health and safety concern with their employer. 

Due to my illegal termination, Toray, in June 2018, agreed to settle my wrongful termination and compensated me.

Thus, the severance and NDA I entered into with TPA in June 2018, now null and void thanks to recent federal and state nondisclosure agreement law changes, was TPA's attempt to keep my termination, and the safety threatening reasons for my termination, hidden.  

In this meeting, to protect myself, I disclosed I was writing a book about workplace bullying. I was forthright about my book to prevent TPA from having the grounds to sue me.  

A common reader cannot identify or recognize Toray in my book.  

My NDA with Toray did allow me to source material from my consulting and work experiences with Toray.  Just to safeguard against a lawsuit, I blended, with four different editorial teams, these experiences with those of my other clients.

In suing me, Toray either showed they  identified with the predatory and abusive workplace behaviors outlined in the book or they identified themselves in the book. 

If so, they should be ashamed and embarrassed, not retaliatory.  Or, they sued me because they were jealous and did not want, or allow, my book to succeed. Regardless, I did not violate the law or my NDA.  

When I reported abusive behaviors at Toray, they blamed and scapegoated and gaslighted me for being the problem, and with intent they did everything possible to undermine me. 

Most clients hired me, thanked me, and retained me for unveiling, addressing, and stopping abusive and bullying behaviors and then influencing healthy management behaviors and cultures.  

It became my specialty.  Employees felt safe confiding with me. They experienced  my help. This lead to my clients retaining me and my being asked to write the book.   

Of the over one thousand (1,000) clients I served in my 30 + year career, TPA is the only one who sued me, or even complained about my services.  My average client retention rate was over fifteen years. 

Next:  What instigated the shooting threat investigation and how then Governor and current Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo was involved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Who's Your Pick?

Was it a Sign?!