Freedom


Below please find segment IX, dated 8-19-24, explaining the truth about why Toray Plastics America (TPA) sued me in December 2018 when they falsely claimed a common reader could identify TPA in my book, Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies, released September,  2018.

Fifty one (51) months after filing, Toray dismissed the case, with prejudice, and paid my legal fees, basically acknowledging their lawsuit was frivolous. I signed nothing.  

However, Toray's interfering with, and threatening, my publisher in June 2019 stopped my book's printing and distribution and they signed over the book rights to me. 

In May of 2017, six (6) months after being hired full time by Toray Plastics America, a person reporting to my plant's bullying manager was terminated, for not following orders to bully.  

After this termination, another employee visited my office claiming executives believed the terminated worker might return to TPA with a gun.  

These same executives were sitting on my report, stating the same bullying manager's behaviors could also instigate a frontline worker shooting.

The circumstances warranted my sharing these threats, and my report, with then Toray Plastics America's president, who preached and encouraged open door policies, yet gave me "thirty (30) days on the beach," and warned me not to share the report with Toray's Japanese Expats.   

In those thirty days, I finished compiling a manuscript I started writing as a child, describing how good coaches, teams, and teachers helped me overcome seven (7) of ten (10) adverse childhood experiences.  It shared the factors people and organizations use to transcend trauma and abuse. 

Within ten days of submitting my manuscript to friends, I signed a generous publishing agreement with a known publisher whose books are distributed by Simon & Schuster. They asked if I could write a book entitled, "Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies."

My book is not political. It describes cases where I helped organizations identify, address, prevent, and transcend workplace bullying. Then President Donald Trump's displaying bullying behaviors influenced their title recommendation.  

When I returned to work, I was isolated in a segregated office at corporate headquarters.  I wasn't allowed to return to my office in the plant because they claimed I was afraid of being shot.  This was another form of retaliation for my elevating reputable shooting threats.  

A door, exiting the building and used by the then president to sneak away from work unseen, was in my isolation tank.  On my first day in isolation, my presence shocked the president during an attempted secret escape.  

I received no emails or calls or visitors over the next two to three weeks and then was given gradual increased responsibility.  After a month I was permitted to return to my office in the problematic plant. 

Next:  How plant employees responded to my return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Who's Your Pick?

Was it a Sign?!