Workplace Abuse Is Deadly


Below please find timeline update X, dated 8-23-24, explaining why Toray Plastics America (TPA) and Toray International America (TIA) attempted to harm me by suing me in December 2018 and by threatening my publisher. This stopped my book's publishing, printing, distribution, marketing, and sales.  

In their suit, TPA falsely claimed a common reader could identify TPA in my book, Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies, released September, 2018.

March 2023:  Fifty one (51) months after filing and after an unusual amount of judicial delays, Toray dismissed the case, with prejudice, and paid my legal fees, basically acknowledging their lawsuit was frivolous. I signed nothing.  

However, Toray's interfering with, and threatening, my publisher in June 2019 stopped my book's printing, publicity, and sales momentum.  Toray violated my rights to free speech and interfered with my contracts.  

2005:  Another one of my client's employees was hired by TPA and introduced TPA to me and my management development services.

2005 - 2016: TPA and TIA contracted with me each year to deliver, at TIA sites around the country, an annual three day long management development program.

October 2016:  TPA hired me full time to expand my management development services and to work as a generalist in one of their plants. 

Within a week of TPA hiring me full time, a respective plant employee stated, due to abusive management practices, they felt threatened a coworker would commit a workplace shooting.  

After elevating this shooting concern, I was told to ignore it.  When I stated this response made me uncomfortable, I was asked to conduct an internal investigation. 

May 2017:  My completed internal TPA shooting threat investigation, including input from TPA frontline workers and management staff, showed the problematic plant workers rated and perceived its managements' behaviors much worse than at its sister plants. The report and its findings were shared with senior executives who took no action. 

June 2017:  A person reporting to my plant's bullying manager was terminated.  

After this termination, another employee visited my office claiming executives believed the terminated worker posed a threat of returning to TPA with a gun and committing a workplace shooting.  

These same executives were sitting on my report, stating the same bullying manager's behaviors could also instigate a frontline worker shooting.

The threatening circumstances warranted my sharing these concerns, and my report, with then Toray Plastics America's president. They gave me "thirty (30) days on the beach," and warned me not to share the report with Toray's Japanese Expats.   

July 2017: In those thirty days, I finished compiling a manuscript I started writing as a child, describing how good coaches, teams, and teachers helped me overcome seven (7) of ten (10) adverse childhood experiences (ACES).  It shared the factors people and organizations use to transcend trauma and abuse. 

Within ten days of submitting my manuscript to friends, I signed a generous publishing agreement with a known publisher whose books are distributed by Simon & Schuster. The publisher asked if I could write a book entitled, "Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies."

My book is not political. It describes cases where I helped organizations identify, address, prevent, and transcend workplace bullying. Then President Donald Trump's displaying bullying behaviors influenced their title recommendation.  

July 2017:  When I returned to work, I was isolated in a segregated office at corporate headquarters.  I wasn't allowed to return to my office in the plant because they claimed I was afraid of being shot.  This was another form of retaliation for my elevating reputable shooting threats.  

A door, exiting the building and used by the then president to sneak away from work unseen, was in my isolation tank.  On my first day in isolation, my presence shocked the president during an attempted secret escape.  

Other than this unintended interruption, I received no emails or calls or visitors over the next two to three weeks and then was given gradual increased responsibility.  After a month I was permitted to return to my office in the problematic plant. 

August 2017: Workers visited my plant office and welcomed me back. Many thanked me for making efforts to make their workplace non threatening and safe.  

One worker asked for a private meeting. He stated he knew I was trying to help him and his peers.  Near tears, he thanked me and offered his support "to do anything and everything possible" to stop the abuse.  

Several weeks after TPA terminated me for sharing the shooting report with a Toray Japanese Expat who requested it, this worker was found dead, due to his own actions, in his apartment.  

Next:  Why and how Toray's Japanese Expat employee demanded the shooting investigation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Who's Your Pick?

Was it a Sign?!