Who Can You Trust?


Last week, I was enjoying the summer setting sun at a local beach when my former lifeguard trained eyes were drawn to the water. There I witnessed selfless and heroic behaviors, competencies the American Public used to esteem and select in presidential candidates.

It was heartwarming watching a father playing in the ocean with his young daughter. I could relate as I spent hours in the water playing with my children. My oldest daughter is expecting our first grandchild in a month.

With so much self-absorbed promotion in the world today, the strong and humble behaviors I observed next affirm there's still goodness among us. 

The next time I gazed at the water, the young daughter was with her mom and the dad was pulling what I thought was a struggling golden retriever from the water. 

Upon closer look, I realized it was a person who appeared limp, or expired. I will never forget this dad carrying to shore this fortunate person.

There were only four people in this local open Atlantic Ocean at the time; the young family and the person found floating face down in the rough surf. The likelihood of this limp, floating, body being seen, much less rescued, is incredible. 

Noble acts saved this soul. People swarmed to the body to help. His heartbeat was strong, but he was struggling to breathe. He was snoring. His left bright blue eye stared open and blank. Perhaps, he hit his head on the ocean floor or on a rock, or he entered the water in a compromised mental and physical state, perhaps with no intention of returning to shore. 

But this courageous dad and wonderful acts of fate put the two in close enough proximity to save a life.

I did not know either man, but the rescuer and I have become friends. The man he saved has been struggling, yet he has a beautiful family. I hope the selfless acts used to save him may inspire him to make positive choices and changes. 

The rescue proved to me there are good people among us with hearts of Gold. 

And it made me think of our United States Presidential Candidates and Election.

If Kamala Harris and Donald Trump had been on shore, available to assist in the drowning person's recovery, who, out of the two, do you think would pitch in first.

Would they assess and agree on the most critical obstacle keeping this man from living?

Would they work together to try different rescue approaches until emergency crews arrived?

Would one take a natural lead and concern?

Or, would they both let their egos get in the way and attempt to bully the other into submission and compliance and continue fighting over who should be in charge and what priority was needed to best save the rescued soul, without understanding the complexity of the circumstances, until time ran out and the suffering person died as they debated?

It is well documented and observed:  both Harris and Trump, candidates for the grandest modelling role in our society, are bullies.

Here are articles supporting this statement. Trump's bullying behaviors are obvious and transparent.

https://time.com/6693684/donald-trump-constitutional-bullying-democracy-threat-president-lawsuit/

Harris, it seems, likes to perform her "soul destroying criticism" in more private venues while appearing fun and lively in public. 

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/kamala-harris-branded-a-bully-for-soul-destroying-criticism-on-staff-121120601125_1.html

In my thirty-year consulting career, I have seen both styles demonstrated by vile managers whose toxicity I have helped companies address and transcend. 

Also, in my thirty-year career where I served over one thousand (1,000) clients who retained me for an average tenure of fifteen (15) years at an eighty five percent (85%) retention rate, one client sued me.

Toray Plastics America falsely claimed a common reader could identify Toray in my book, Successful Leaders Aren't Bullies.

https://www.amazon.com/Successful-Leaders-Arent-Bullies-Organizations/dp/1682617173/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2M862U7V8ID0O&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.VAmnGvsfg2TWm5xDa34KQg.-VXPU4OFd1z9zlqqW4LfqTqNwS9G-Km7TvZovYA3_nY&dib_tag=se&keywords=Successful+Leaders+Aren%27t+Bullies+paperback&qid=1723413942&s=books&sprefix=successful+leaders+aren%27t+bullies+paperback%2Cstripbooks%2C81&sr=1-1

And complicit and colluding federal justices assisted them in bullying me. Despite taking fifty one (51) months to make Toray dismiss the case with prejudice and pay my legal fees while I signed away none of my rights to free speech. A judge agreed to hear the case, and then punted in the last minute, probably realizing they'd be questioned for hearing a case based on no valid evidence.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/employer-s-suit-over-employee-s-book-7296172/

By coincidence, the judges assigned the case were former law partners whose former firm listed the plaintiff as a client. The plaintiff's counsel clerked for the magistrate assigned to my case. None of this was disclosed. No one attempted to recuse themselves. My book complies with all laws and NDA's, despite them now being meaningless and void thanks to changed state and federal disclosure laws.

It is time to demand the highest position in the land, and those positions used to enforce truth and justice, are clear of bullies and instead occupied by selfless and honorable public servants, whose behaviors mimic the dad's heroic beach rescue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Who's Your Pick?

Was it a Sign?!